Thursday 2 August 2012

Sunsets Over Namibia are Beautiful!

Hi Blog Readers:

You have to come to Namibia to see the greatest sunset beauties ever!  I have some friends who are photographers, Judy and Scott Hurd (judy@h4urd.co.uk) who have taken great shots of all kinds of things in Namibia.  You should contact them for better pix and wider varieties.  But, a few they have shared with me are so wonderful, I look at them every once and a while to get that peaceful, easy feeling!

Sunsets somehow calm me, maybe you too?  I had always thought that orange and black were colors of Halloween until I began living in Namibia and seeing these kinds of sunsets.  Wow.  I'll look for shots of the lavender and deep purples that also happen here.  Seeing these sunsets and knowing that the colors are not caused by pollution in the atmosphere like over some of the large super cities where I have lived and visited, makes it even more special.  It is naturally Namibian for sure!

The kinds of sunsets make me feel the day is done and done well and all is right.  The sun is saying goodbye to the day and night is taking over - but the power of the sun makes me feel hopeful that there will be a tomorrow.   Poetic?  Well, seeing Namibian sunsets make me poetic.  You should book your trip and come feel poetic too.

When you come, tell'em Jackie sent you.

Check it out:











No comments:

Post a Comment