Tuesday 3 April 2012

Dear All,

"Winter" is here in Namibia.  But, our winter is not like other places in the West and North.  Winter for us is brisk mornings and evening and sometimes downright cold mornings and evenings, with warm and even HOT weather during the day.  Desert weather is Namibia's weather in most places.

Of course the coast is very different and the South of Namibia can be colder than anywhere else.  I have read that the only place in Namibia to ever get snow was a place called Aus in the South of Namibia.

I always have found it interesting that Namibians, when the temperature dips even slights, bundle up as if it is the Arctic here!  I was born and raised in Washington, D.C. and lived in various locations in the US and in Europe during my lifetime.  Winter for me means ice storms, sleet, and wind chill factors.  Now, that is the Arctic and that needs bundling up!

Come to Namibia now. This is the best weather for it!

Bye.

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment